There is a slight ammonia odor associated with Bacote® 20, and ammonia is released upon evaporation. There is no odor associated after curing.
ZrO2 + HfO2*
Viscosity at 25oc – 5cps
pH – 9.0–9.8
Specific gravity – 1.36
Rest of world: 25 kg quad retainers 250 kg plastic drums, 1,250 kg intermediate bulk containers.
North and South America 50 pound pails 550 lb drums 3,300 pounds totes.
Bulk containers available upon request.
- Formaldehyde-free – Environmentally conscious
- Rapid cure – No need for elevated temperatures or extended curing time
- Effective with all commonly used binders − Starch, CMC, casein, proteins, carboxylated latex, dextrin, styrene acrylic, PVOH, etc.
- Improved printability – Achieved through optimal water resistance, an open coating structure, reduction of contact angle and uniform distribution of binders throughout the coating reducing mottle
- No adverse effects on optical properties – No time or heat exposure yellowing
- FDA and BfR approved – Used in direct contact with aqueous, fatty and dry foods
- Binder insolubilizer for paper and paperboard coatings, along with dry-laid non-woven materials
- Deposit Control in the wet-end of the paper-making process
- Strength additive for alkaline-sized paper
- Component of water-based inks, overprint varnishes, paints, adhesives, coatings, etc.
- Antimicrobial treatment for textiles and timber, especially for fixation of copper salts
- Component of textile, leather and paper waterrepellent formulations