SoluMag® High Strength™ Magnesium Alloy
Luxfer MEL Technologies SoluMag® HS™ alloy
Luxfer MEL Technologies is the world leader in the development and supply of highly functional magnesium alloys. SoluMag® HS™ is a ultra-high strength magnesium alloy that has a high corrosion rate in aqueous chloride environments. This light weight alloy is available as balls, extruded rods, bars, tubes and profiles to produce components that have high strength and ductility in demanding environments as well as a controlled corrosion rate that will effectively dissolve the component in a known time.
- Tubes and bars
- Square/rectangular sections
- Solid profiles
- Machined components for downhole completion tools in oil and gas
- Balls for hydraulic fracturing systems
- Time activated underwater devices
- Flooding plugs for IP protection
- ASTM B107 for extruded products, dimensions only
- Corrosion rate according to agreed testing protocol
- Manufactured to aerospace quality and metal cleanliness standards
- Machined balls from ½ inch to 5 inches diameter
- Extruded round rod from ½ inch to 5 inches diameter
- Tube and bar sizes available upon request.
Corrosion properties 3% KCl
- 200˚F: 300 – 500 mg/cm2/day (MCD)
Mechanical properties (minimum)
* Contact the Luxfer SoluMag® representative for additional information
Meet the SoluMag® Team
Rick Tonge MBA
Product Line Manager
Europe, Middle East & Asia
Based in Manchester, UK, Rick supports our oilfield customers outside of North America. Partnering with our global customers, Rick enables his clients to design high performance products using Luxfer’s dissolving and non-dissolving material technology. Why not reach out to Rick today to discuss how Luxfer’s innovative material technology can work in your completion tools setup?
Product Line Manager
Based in Houston, Texas, Garry partners with our oilfield clients to build customer focused dissolving and non-dissolving material technology solutions. Garry brings to bear 25 years of experience in the industry. Please contact Garry today to discuss how our SoluMag® technology can benefit your downhole capabilities.
SoluMag®, UK Patent No 2529062B. July 2015
This information is proprietary to Luxfer MEL Technologies. A non-disclosure agreement is required between our companies before some of this information can be released.