High Purity Monoclinic Zirconia for Surgical Cements
Luxfer MEL Technologies monoclinic zirconias
They are high performance, high purity zirconium oxides suitable for use in surgical cements where a high level of control of chemical and physical properties is needed.
Luxfer MEL Technologies monoclinic zirconias are manufactured in the UK by a precisely controlled chemical precipitation process that ensures consistency of both purity and performance.
A high purity grade of zirconium oxide specifically designed as a contrast agent for surgical cement applications where high levels of radio-opacity are required.
When compared to barium sulphate, zirconia generally:
- Shows significantly higher radio-opacity
- Is less soluble (by around 100X)
- Has less effect on the mechanical properties of the cement
- Shows less bone resorption
- Has a reduced effect on the PMMA curing temperature
Standard packaging is 50 kg packed into poly-lined fibre-board drums.
Regional SDS information is available on request.