The powder is not soluble in water, but soluble in ethanol, ethyl acetate and isopropanol. (Solubility in ethyl acetate and ethanol is >150 g/100 ml solvent and in isopropanol is >65 g/100 ml solvent).
In both air and an inert atmosphere, this product starts to decompose at around 160 ˚C, to give an intermediate species which itself decomposes at around 350 ˚C, to give at higher temperatures zirconium oxide.
Rest of world: 25 kg quad retainers 250 kg plastic drums, 1,250 kg intermediate bulk containers.
North and South America: 50 pound pails 550 lb drums 3,300 pounds totes.
Bulk containers available upon request.
- Safer alternative to titanium acetylacetonate to promote adhesion
- Improves adhesion for printing onto difficult substrates, such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester, metals, and other packaging materials
- Improves heat and scrub resistance of polyamide based inks
- Functions particularly well with cellulose acetate propionate (CAP) and nitro cellulose resins, where adhesion is required to co-extrude polyolefin films
- Adhesion promoter for solvent-based inks
- Source of zirconium, soluble in organic solvents, for applications involving crosslinking with oxygenated organic polymers
- Precursor to zirconium oxide, through a solventbased process
- Crosslinker for polyvinyl alcohol (suitable for nonaqueous, organic solvents)