Zirconium Propionate (ZPP ZPP, Zr Pro | 84057-80-7
Zirconium Propionate is used as an adhesion promoter in printing inks (Flexographic and gravure). It improves adhesion for printing onto difficult substrates, such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester, metals, and other packaging materials.
The powder is not soluble in water, but soluble in ethanol, ethyl acetate and isopropanol. (Solubility in ethyl acetate and ethanol is >150 g/100 ml solvent and in isopropanol is >65 g/100 ml solvent).
Rest of world: 25 kg quad retainers 250 kg plastic drums, 1,250 kg intermediate bulk containers.
North and South America: 50 pound pails 550 lb drums 3,300 pounds totes.
Bulk containers available upon request.
- Safer alternative to titanium acetylacetonate to promote adhesion
- Improves adhesion for printing onto difficult substrates, such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester, metals, and other packaging materials
- Improves heat and scrub resistance of polyamide based inks
- Functions particularly well with cellulose acetate propionate (CAP) and nitro cellulose resins, where adhesion is required to co-extrude polyolefin films
- Adhesion promoter for solvent-based inks
- Source of zirconium, soluble in organic solvents, for applications involving crosslinking with oxygenated organic polymers
- Precursor to zirconium oxide, through a solventbased process
- Crosslinker for polyvinyl alcohol (suitable for nonaqueous, organic solvents)
*This product should be shipped using protect from freeze equipment between November 1st and April 1st.*
Meet the Team
EU Sales Manager
Based in Manchester, UK, Jordan supports our Coating and Solution customers throughout the entirety of Europe. Jordan is solely focused on providing guidance to new and existing customers, ensuring they receive Luxfer’s quality service and products. Please contact Jordan to discuss how our coating and solutions can benefit your operational needs.
Sales Manager USA
Based just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Tara supports our Coating and Solution customers throughout the Americas. She is also focused on being the U.S. Sales Representative for our partnership with Keeling & Walker distributing tin oxides and laser marking materials. With a lengthy career in Sales in the steel industry prior to joining Luxfer, Tara is ready and willing to provide new and existing clients the highest level of customer service. Please contact Tara to discuss how our coating and solutions can benefit your operational needs.