Zirmel 1000 Stabilized Potassium Zirconium Carbonate (KZC/PZC) | 23570-56-1
Paper and paperboard, and waterbased inks.
Zirmel 1000 is a highly effective ammonia-free crosslinker. It crosslinks with all commonly used binders to improve the surface structures strength by reducing the amount of weakly bonded particles available on the paper surface. This certain characteristic is of value to coated papers and offset printing. As well Zirmel 1000 crosslinks instantly to the binder, offering a rapid cure time in the drying section of the paper process, it is compatible with practically all coating and press formulations.
In applications where an ammoniacal odor is considered undesirable or unacceptable, Zirmel is recommended.
Rest of world: 25 kg quad retainers 250 kg plastic drums, 1,250 kg intermediate bulk containers.
North and South America 50 pound pails 550 lb drums 3,300 pounds totes.
Bulk containers available upon request.
- Formaldehyde-free – Environmentally conscious
- Rapid cure – No need for elevated temperatures or extended curing time
- Effective with all commonly used binders − Starch, CMC, casein, proteins, carboxylated latex, dextrin, styrene acrylic, PVOH, etc.
- Improved printability – Achieved through optimal water resistance, an open coating structure, reduction of contact angle and uniform distribution of binders throughout the coating reducing mottle
- No adverse effects on optical properties – No time or heat exposure yellowing
- FDA and BfR approved – Used in direct contact with aqueous, fatty and dry foods
- Binder insolubilizer for paper and paperboard coatings, along with dry-laid non-woven materials
- Deposit Control in the wet-end of the paper-making process
- Strength additive for alkaline-sized paper
- Component of water-based inks, overprint varnishes, paints, adhesives, coatings, etc.
- Antimicrobial treatment for textiles and timber, especially for fixation of copper salts
- Component of textile, leather and paper water repellent formulations
*This product should be shipped using protect from freeze equipment between November 1st and April 1st.*
Meet the Team
EU Sales Manager
Based in Manchester, UK, Jordan supports our Coating and Solution customers throughout the entirety of Europe. Jordan is solely focused on providing guidance to new and existing customers, ensuring they receive Luxfer’s quality service and products. Please contact Jordan to discuss how our coating and solutions can benefit your operational needs.
Sales Manager USA
Based just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Tara supports our Coating and Solution customers throughout the Americas. She is also focused on being the U.S. Sales Representative for our partnership with Keeling & Walker distributing tin oxides and laser marking materials. With a lengthy career in Sales in the steel industry prior to joining Luxfer, Tara is ready and willing to provide new and existing clients the highest level of customer service. Please contact Tara to discuss how our coating and solutions can benefit your operational needs.